Eldorado becomes online sales leader of Russia’s largest household appliance and consumer electronics retailers
Eldorado, the largest Russian retail chain selling household appliances and consumer electronics, reports sustainable growth in all areas of its business as it announces first half 2014 sales.
Key figures for the first half of 2014:
- Sales increased 8.5% to 52.6 billion roubles (incl. VAT);
- Like for like (LfL) sales up 7.4%;
- Online sales up 97.1% to 6.836 billion roubles (incl. VAT);
- Revenues from retail shops per square metre of floor area up 13.5%;
- Revenues per shop up 7.4%.
Key figures for the second quarter of 2014:
- Sales were 24.3 billion roubles (incl. VAT);
- Like for like (LfL) sales up 3.9%;
- Online sales up 76.2% to 3.082 billion roubles (incl. VAT).
Ondřej Frydrych, Eldorado CEO, commented on the results: “Eldorado has posted exceedingly good growth in sales over the first half, particularly in the online segment. This performance was mainly due to successful promotions. In terms of a number of ratios such as shopper traffic, total receipts, and like-for-like sales growth in the second quarter slowed slightly compared to the first quarter in light of the difficult market conditions. Our second quarter results however show that positive momentum continues as a result of our profitable growth strategy in all areas of our business. Thanks to this, we have become the leader in online sales among the largest national retailers of household appliances and consumer electronics in Russia.”
As at 24 July 2014, the Eldorado chain comprised 373 retail hypermarkets, 129 internet order and pick-up points and 14 internet hypermarkets. The chain’s total sales area was 554,000 square metres out of a total area of 733,000 square metres.
For details on the company please visit www.eldorado.ru.